A couple of weeks ago, we have already heard about the possibility of having the Miss Universe pageant held earlier than the usual November-December schedule. Well we already have talked about that last December 2nd.
In fact Sashes&Scripts was the first to dish on this before everyone had heard of it. In that blogpost, I have also written that there is a possibility to move it to summer and that means summer in the US (which falls until August moving to September). And yes, the possibility to host it in Manila is about 90% sure that is according to our moles. Unlike the previous hosting, the negotiations for the 4th hosting in Manila has coasted along more smoothly. It is said that only the President’s approval was needed around January of this year and everything will be finalized before the month of May (before the Sangguniang Kabataan elections). The Philippines cannot to host the pageant in 2019 as it will be a conflict with the coming Senatorial elections as mentioned by our sources.
As for China hosting the pageant, it is still a bid to host but it isn’t necessarily sure for which year. Our moles have said that the presence of MUO officials in China doesn’t necessarily mean that the hosting was already a done deal. It is speculated that the visit there has more to do about a possible Miss Universe sponsorship or endorsement. Hangzhou is a major tea producer of China and it may have to do about that.
According to our insider moles, the Philippine hosting committee is asking that it be set earlier (probably between the months of late September to early November). The pageant will be a 3 1/2 week long celebration as girls will be going around tourist spots in the country that were not yet featured in the 2016 pageant. There already were talks between the Miss Universe org with MU local hosting committee. While businessman Chavit Singson is rumored to be footing a hefty amount of the bill, the Department of Tourism will have to come up with an estimated half of the budget through other sponsors. We don’t have new updates if Mall of Asia Arena will still be the venue for the pageant as the Araneta Coliseum was also speculated to be in the talks.
That is what we know so far, most likely there will be new developments happening in the next few weeks. Nothing is yet written in stone as MU national directors haven’t yet received any type of memo on when or where the pageant will be held as a confirmation.
Our pageant moles just couldn’t stay put. And here is one of the latest gossips that our insider has just whispered to our ears.
There is currently rumors that the Miss Universe organization is having talks to have the pageant held in Shanghai aside from the talks that Manila (through the DOT) also wants to host the pageant. Miss Universe VP Shawn McClain was recently spotted at the Binibining Pilipinas pageant and was seen chatting up with BPCI head honcho Stella Marquez Araneta. Could they have been possibly chatting about the possibility of the MU pageant in Manila or perhaps the scheduled visit of Shaw in Shanghai?
I thought I’m done doing rumor mills with Binibining Pilipinas for this month but it seems that the gossips just can’t stop from landing on my lap. I have several insiders that has given me juicy notes that could tide us up until the next salvo of Bb. Pilipinas activities.
* There is an observation from a BBP insider that a certain group of girls doesn’t seem to know proper pageant decorum when it comes to sponsor visits. Instead of mingling and going friendly to everyone in one of the staff visits, this group of candidates are seen only amongst ladies from their same camp. Several of the staffs noticed that and rather than engage to get photos from these girls, they avoided them instead.
* Apparently, there are a couple of girls who did not come in prepared to the Binibining Pilipinas national costume shoot. They reportedly came with either an unfinished natcos or that their costume didn’t bear any resemblance to that of the sketch that they submitted. It is not surprising that those two costumes were reportedly rejected.
* A number of the candidates this year presented their national costume sketches through their phones or tablet. So when a candidate presented hers with a complete colored sketch with fabric swatches, the BPCI panel was impressed. One of the BPCI managers even showed the rest of the candidates the sketch to show how a natcos is presented properly.
* The national costume shoot is rumored to be simpler than last year. A simple white backdrop is made to make sure that the colorful national costumes will be the focal point.
* One of our moles has confirmed some of the insider buzz about the national costume/s that were leaked online this year. Our mole said that several of the girls who had either selfies or photos of their natcos that were posted online were ‘scolded’ by BPCI. This is why Sash Factor and Sashes&Scripts were adamant in releasing any of the leaked photos because there are rumors even from previous years that it will be the candidates that will get scolded, not the designers/ fans who posted them.
* This one is still to be clarified as I have some doubts regarding the sources of this ‘chismis’. The Bb. Pilipinas finals swimsuit is said to be a one-piece swimsuit that would be a ‘tribute to Pitoy Moreno’. Another conflicting rumor says that the girls would have an option to wear a two-piece.
* With regards to the swimsuit glamshots, our told us to expect something in the lines of a Miss Universe glamshot. The mole even mentioned something about flowers, gold or mustard swimsuits, and large chunky gold accessories. This is actually exciting and hopefully it will be of Miss Venezuela level in terms of concept.
* Some girls who had ‘difficulties’ with several designers with their national costumes are said to be worried about their evening gowns for the pageant. In some instances, their pageant camp/s are the ones that assign which designer would dress up which candidate/s. This doesn’t go well with some of the girls who would get last minute gowns, or gowns that don’t look like the submitted sketches.
* On the same line of rumor, at least 2 candidates that are worried about their gowns are said to be preparing a secondary ‘back up’ gown should the designers assigned to them fail to bring a finished gown (or the gown as originally sketched and submitted). There are at least a couple of designers who are notorious in submitting late gowns for the finals or submit gowns that aren’t as per submitted sketch or even with wrong/ terrible fit.
Those juicy insider gossips are a tell-tale of some problems that most pageant fans do not see or know. So I really hope that fans would be a little more cooperative and mindful about the girls. Because if there is something to take away from these rumors, its that being a beauty pageant candidate isn’t that all glamorous…the stress is definitely a killer.
So here are several rumors that has been floating among the Binibining Pilipinas insiders and pageant friends that I was able to gather.
* The official swimsuit for the finals will be a tribute for the late Pitoy Moreno. The designer has been a pillar of the pageant since the 60’s and 70’s and is a close personal friend of Madame Stella Marquez Araneta.
* According to our moles, the official swimsuit portraits are looking more like Fadil Berisha glamshots. Photographer Raymond Saldana has showed some of the photos to several pageant people. It is also rumored that a certain girl that performed during the talent night was a favorite of the lensman.
* There is a rumored plan of having a national costume exhibit to go along the official portrait showcase for this year’s candidates. This is said to be inline with the Pitoy Moreno tribute that is going to be a major point in this year’s pageant. No location has yet been named as details of how the security of the costumes is yet to be finalized.
* There was a strict directive that should a number of the Binibining Pilipinas candidates show up with ‘unfinished’ or ‘incomplete’ national costumes during the natcos photoshoot last February 12, they would cancel the national costume show. Hence all candidates have to show up with finished costumes.
* According to another mole, SMA has gushed about this year’s batch as this is (so far) one of the most pleasant batches in recent years. No catfights between girls from different camps has ensued. Everyone seems to be professional and would get along nicely. And SMA is happy about that.
* There is/are some girl/s that are not happy with her/their respective camp/s in terms of the training schedules. Clearly I won’t be dropping name/s here and would have to stop there.
* A three-day excursion/ trip to Batangas is also in the schedule for the Binibining Pilipinas candidates this month.
That’s all for now folks. We will try to post more soon as we get more infos and juicy tidbits for you…
The Señorita Colombia 2018 pageant is said to be slated for the last quarter of this year (rumors have it taking place in November). Which brings a conundrum of how the winner could prepare for Miss Universe in such notice. Hence rumors of an appointment for this year abound.
Two of the names that have been circulating online on the possible ladies to be appointed to compete in MU are Vanessa Pulgarin Monsalve (last year’s Virreina) and Anabella Castro Sierra. Coincidentally these two are the ladies that I predicted to win the title back in 2017! The 5’10” Anabella ended up among the top 10 semifinalists in the nationals while Vanessa (who also stands 5’10”) represented Colombia in Miss International last year.
But I would also want to throw in my personal favorite into the mix: Reina Hispanoamericana 2016 and Señorita Colombia 2015 2nd runner up Maria Camila Soleibe (Miss Universe 2nd Runner up Andrea Tovar won over her). This 21 year old actually beat Miss Universe 1st runner up Raquel Pellisier in RH2016. Camila stand 5’9″ with hazel eyes and light brown-blonde hair which she owes to her Lebanese ancestry in her father’s side. I wished that Camila would be given a chance in Miss Universe.
Who do you think should be appointed as Miss Universe Colombia this year? Join the poll below…
I thought that the first blogpost on the Binibining Pilipinas 2018 rumored girls needs a follow up. So on this post, we are gonna write about several girls that aren’t joining or won’t be qualified (for whatever reasons) to join this year’s pageant.
1. This Pinay supermodel has been floated by fans for years to be joining pageants, but a topless modeling pic may derail her from joining the Binibining Pilipinas. This should be clear now for pageant fans to stop as she clearly is focused on her modeling career that is starting to fly internationally.
2. This Binibini runner up hasn’t revealed if she is joining or not. But according to some insiders, she is not interested in joining anymore. There is still hope though as she will be aging out in a year. So she still has time should she change her mind. She may even switch camps…
3. This mestiza looker has already said to people close to her that she won’t be joining this year and would rather focus on enriching herself and preparing for the national pageant in a year or two. She is one of the runners-up in a past BBP pageant.
4. This lovely lady from one of the country’s most prominent cities is being touted to join BBP this year by pageant fans. Although she is said to be preparing for a different national pageant altogether or possibly join BBP in 2019. She was said to be joining MWP supposedly last year.
5. She’s stands 5’10”- 5’11” and this blogger first met her when she was still a student and couldn’t even walk in heels. Nowadays, she is floated as a possible name to join BBP2018. What people may not know is that she has already posed topless with another beauty queen in a photoshoot and this may bar her from joining the national pageant.
6. The girl is tall, between 5’8″ – 5’10”. While she is said to be joining BBP this year, other insiders are saying that she is possibly joining MWP instead due to her naked photoshoot. She could have made a splash in BBP…
That is it for now… Soon as we hear more, you will get a bit more blind items here…