It is Friday so it must be time for another #FashionFridays post.
It’s Menswear Fashion Week in Milan and we see reigning Mister Universal Ambassador Aleksa Gavrilovic walking the secret fashion show of Dolce & Gabbana Sartoria show for Spring-Summer 2018. The show happened the evening before the unveiling of the designer duo’s SS 2018 collection. The Sartoria collection is a much different affair as a handfull journalists were invited to the more intimate show without their knowledge that they will be witnessing the tailoring collection of the Milan-based fashion house.
Aleksa walked the runway at Dolce & Gabbana’s perma-buzzy Martini Bar on Corso Venezia. He was one of the models joining with other Dolce & Gabbana male model favorites like Adam Senn, Sam Webb, Evandro Soldati and Arthur Kulkov.
It was not easy to come up with a Final Leaderboard for the Mister Universe Model this year. There has been a number of strong candidates in this year’s competition. How strong is this batch you might ask? So strong that anyone of the guys in my top 8 list could easily win it. Without further a do, here is my list…
1. Peru, Alan Massa – definitely the most experienced candidate in this year’s competition. I have strong gut feel that he will definitely place high in the competition this year, if not win the title.
2. Ecuador, Jorge Mejía Erazo – a boyish face on a man’s body, he reminds me a bit of Luis Baez who has the same qualities. He might end up with the same placement as Luis. He is very photogenic and knows how to use his gorgeous face to his best advantage.
3. Czech Republic, Miroslav Dubovický – It was no fluke that he is named with one of the best physiques in the contest. He is one of the consistent candidates in the contest who delivers well in each leg of the competition.
4. Philippines, Denver Hernandez – he came in strong and it would be difficult not to see him do well in the competition. Despite having a leaner body compared to the rest of the competition, he is providing strong competition among everyone. My wildcard in the contest.
5. Spain, Manuel Valero – not in my original list but he surely looks good to win the title as well. His hazel/green eyes is one of his best asset aside from the fact that he has a good physique on a well proportioned body.
6. Mexico, Zamir Sierra – has one of the most enigmatic faces that could win you over. I think that a win is over due for Mexico and he can just be the one to do it.
7. Dominican Republic, Ariel Sanchez – he won best physique so he is easily a shoo-in for the title.
8. Venezuela, Jesus Zambrano – I believe that he will continue the placement streak of his country in the competition. He might not the appeal that his predecessor Luis Baes have but he has loads of good looks to boot.
9. Puerto Rico, Kevin Montes – one of the tallest guys blessed with good physique. Just look at those sharp angles his face has and you know he is a fierce competitor.
10. Cuba, André Miguel Bernal – one of the guys with great body and sex appeal.
11. Bolivia, Jose Roberto Velasco – he makes the list for initially winning the Mister Simpatia award.
12. Isla Margarita, Douglas Castro – I just wish that he kept his brunette locks instead of the bleached blonde hair he is sporting. His mesmerizing eyes is to die for. He is still a heavy contender nevertheless and might pull a surprise.
13. USA, Anthony Perez
14. Argentina, Ludovico Paulucci
By now, Mister Universe Philippines Denver hernandez has packed his bags, left and arrived for Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Today we feature a fun-art banner of the Filipino rep to the Men Universe Model competition.
The Milan-based 5’10” looker speaks English, a bit Filipino and Italian. He will be competing alongside 40 other hunks from around the world.
He still leads the online voting with Nicaragua a close second. Keep on voting for Denver at the link below: