NSFW Warning! For matured audiences only! Before you proceed further, please note that some photos in this post are very provocative (to put it mildly) and may not be best to be seen in your work office computer…
Mister Supranational Thailand 2016 Rome Phanuphong Wanthamat posed for Harder Magazine Issue 07 in a steamy S&M/ Bondage themed shoot. The Thai hunk never shied away from steamy and racy shoots as is shown in various stages of dress (or total lack of)… Last warning before the jump! Continue reading “Rome Phanuphong as the Asian Christian Gray”
Everything sparkled during the ABS-CBN Ball last Saturday, September 29th. But those that truly shone were the beauty queens in attendance!
Sashes&Scripts ranked the top 5 best dressed beauty queens that night… All 5 girls showed major leg action with slits that showed off their lovely gams in shiny sparkling outfits that stole the red carpet.
5. Pia Wurtzbach – Pia took a major fashion risk with her outfit that night. There was a split whether you like it or not. I love the golden goddess look that was part Versace, part Bond Girl (Golden Finger)… It wasn’t an easy look to pull off. I could only imagine that it would have looked great in person and that photos don’t do justice to the whole ensemble. I would have only changed the hair to a Taras Bulba to make it more sleek.
4. Ariella Arida – she showed major skin that night while maintaining a very polished and dignified overall look. Plunging neckline with a revealing slit and sides, a look that she pulled off effortlessly. She looked every inch a goddess in her peach Hannah Kong gown with an impeccable Grecian updo. The only thing I’d change would be the earring and used a statement shoulder sweeper earring to add more pizzazz to the over all outfit.
3. Kylie Verzosa – she looked gorgeous in white and I have to say that the white and the bronzed effect on her skin was a perfect combination. Kylie was throwing major curves with her Francis Libiran gown. The gown itself reminded me of Denise Quinones in 2001. Kylie pulled off her ensemble magnificently!
2. Catriona Gray – loved everything about this outfit. From the hair down to the color of her strappy sandals. But I would really give it to Memay Francisco’s makeup that made Catriona’s face luminous that night. Gold is still Catriona’s best color IMHO and the sparkling Mak Tumang gown amplified the sensual aspect of the outfit.
1. Nicole Cordoves – the golden girl in my list. Love how everything in her outfit was on point. She had on a very understated face and a gold gown cut simply but brought major bling! If you look at her earrings and ring (courtesy of Riqueza Jewellery), it was very Hollywood glam. Then what brought her outfit all together was her nails by Mi & Me Luxury Nails. She was channeling Miss Grand International colors with the emerald and gold colors! Even her eye shadow had gold/ emerald in it (makeup by Anton Patdu). Now that’s what you call well planned.
Comments or thoughts on the list? Let us know on the comments down below!
We’ve asked this question before and we are asking it all over again: Who is Afraid of Catriona Gray? The answer seems to be still the same: Everybody!
Why is this lady such a remarkable pageant girl and what makes her a formidable force in pageantry? Truth be told, that is simply because like Miss Universe 2015, Pia Wurtzbach, she is out to prove herself in pageantry. Catriona’s latest appearance at the New York Fashion Week for the Sherri Hill fashion show was a major testament to her being a force to be reckoned with.
What was remarkable with this feat is that she became the Miss Universe hopeful to be invited to walk the show even before she competed in the international pageant. Iris Mittenaere, Dayana Mendoza, Ximena Navarette and Olivia Culpo only walked for Sherri Hill after they won MU. Of course we cannot discount the MU connection as Sherri Hill has been a major clothing sponsor of the pageant.
Does this bear any weight? No, not really, but it does give us a clue on the reach and clout she can give to the MU pageant should she become Miss Universe 2018.
Just imagine what she can offer to Paula Shugart, Shawn McClain, Esther Swan and the rest of the Miss Universe organization should she win. The pageant, tagged as the Superbowl of Beauty, would not need much effort on publicity as it will come free with any small move of the 5’10 Australian-Filipina stunner. They wouldn’t worry about her on media tours as she is a natural spokesperson for any organization, whether it be for promoting a foundation like Young Focus or for HIV/AIDS awareness for Love Yourself. She has charisma and draw that she could promote any brand much like Pia Wurtzbach did and still does. She could even possibly be the first Miss Universe winner to walk the Victoria’s Secret fashion show with her beauty and statuesque height.
There is so much that Catriona can offer the Miss Universe organization should she win. That Sherri Hill appearance is only a taste on what she can offer to a pageant organization, even more so with IMG|WME being an entertainment company. Can we mention the lady can sing? Another thing that a talent management company like IMG could put in on their prospective reasons to book her as a talent.
Those are reasons why every pageant girl aspiring to compete against her should be very scared. Catriona is not only there to compete, but she is there to bring something to the Miss Universe organization that other girls could only possibly hope to deliver.
Today’s #FashionFridays feature is on the showstopper creation of designer Amir Sali worn by Eva Patalinjug. Divine! Simply Divine!
That is how Binibining Pilipinas Grand International Eva Psychee Patalinjug looked during the Marry Me at Marriott show last evening. Wearing a showstopper ‘Traje de Mestiza’ wedding gown, the 5’7″ porcelain skinned mestiza beauty turned heads with her over the top ensemble.
I would say that this is such a delight to witness the splendor of what our Filipino designer could do in term of design. This actually reminds me a a vintage John Galliano for Dior Haute Couture collection, perhaps around circa 1997/98.
Would something in this same style work for her come Miss Grand International? We all know that Thailand and the rest of Southeast Asia take their national costumes seriously, what could she have in-store for us? I’d still think an Aliwan Festival costume would be her best bet, but we may have to see what surprise she has under her sleeve come October!
Today’s blogpost is all about the uniquely designed Miss Earth crown. Used since 2009, this Ramona Haar designed crown has become the symbol of beauty and environmental awareness among pageant fans.
Continue reading “The Miss Earth Crown”
The very first George Wittels crown to be used in the Philippines will be used for the Miss Tacloban pageant!
Tacloban City – A thousand dollar Venezuelan made crown by renowned beauty pageant jeweler maker awaits Ms. Tacloban 2018 wannabe and its successor. This was revealed by beauty pageant crown donor Mr. Richard James White in an interview. The crown made exclusively for Ms. Tacloban 2018 and its successor was made by famous Venezuelan pageant crown maker George Wittels. Continue reading “A George Wittels Crown for Miss Tacloban”
The Miss Supranational pageant is more of a showcase of showmanship than a traditional pageant. So it only goes to say that the wardrobe for this pageant should look like a fashion show of sorts.
These two costume wishlist for Binibining Pilipinas Supranational Jehza Huelar would be some of the options that I feel would be reflective of her background…
1. Mascota de Zamboanga – of course I would want something that would be apt for Jehza’s background coming from Mindanao. One of the highlights of the annual Hermosa Festival in Zamboanga City is Mascota de Zamboanga, a gala event which showcases formal and elegant gowns called the Mascota designed by local artists. This costume would greatly reflect her roots.
2. Yakan Costume – I am deeply amazed at the white face-painting that these tribes would do during weddings. With their adoption of colorful garb, it would be interesting to see how it can be translated into very intricate outfit for a beauty pageant. Yakan weaving of cottons and silks are some of the most remarkable textiles in Mindanao. I can just imagine the numerous possibilities for this wonderful attire.
While it may be easy to go the ‘tribal costume’ route for Binibining Pilipinas Intercontinental Karen Gallman, I believe in going towards the more classy Filipiniana for her. But I would like for her to go for more clean feminine colors to really set off her beautiful face. Her Binibining Pilipinas costume was on point but I would have preferred a more graceful and light fabrics for her. I also believe that pastels would be great for her as long as she doesn’t over bake her tan. Or go all the way dramatic with gold, red and black, I don’t think cold colors (greens, purples, blues) works well with her…
Now on to the two national costume ideas I feel would be great for her…
1. A ‘Mantilla’ Costume – the lace veil worn when women go to mass was a Spanish custom adapted by Filipinos during the the Hispanic colonization of the country. Karen’s Caucasian features would be so perfect with this Hispanic inspired costume and an added Spanish pieneta would add height and old world glamor.
2. An ‘Imeldific’ terno with a lace parasol– with a face like hers, Karen doesn’t need much of an elaborate costume. Inspired by a number of photographs of the former First Lady of the Philippines, the idea stems out of how composed and collected she looked. The focal point of this costume is Karen’s lovely face and not the costume itself. The delicateness of the design and of course the parasol lends to her beauty not the other way around.
I hope that Karen gets to be given the best wardrobe and the best training if we want the Philippines’ first Miss Intercontinental crown. Hopefully, she has already started to map out her gameplan as early as now for the international pageant…