If there is something to be wowed about 2018 Miss Universe Catriona Gray it is that she’s more active nowadays after her reign.
Three months after passing her crown, Catriona Gray is doing public appearances left and right. This is something that pageant fans would have wanted during her reign as Miss Universe. Free from her contract with Endeavor, Catriona is gobbling up one opportunity after another.
- Book Deal – one of the first things that was announced was her book deal with ABSCBN publishing that will detail her Miss Universe experience. What people will surely be looking at is her life in NYC and what was it like to be a Miss Universe titleholder. Catriona’s reign was marked with product endorsements and a litany of public appearances for charity that isn’t talked about by most pageant fans. Surely there will be a huge anticipation over the release of this book.
- Product Endorsement – if rumors are true that a endorsement as the reigning Miss Universe would cost somewhere to the tune of PHP 3.5 million, then surely some brands are lining up now that she is free from her Endeavor contracts. Catriona is still a Samsung endorser and just got another commercial with Creamsilk. And we won’t be surprised if later we see her endorsing Belo skincare products…
- TV Appearances and digital magazine covers – she’s had guestings in a couple of ABSCBN shows as well as a spread on Metro.style which is packed into her tight schedule. On the widely popular It’s Showtime, she was a guest for a week. Then we saw her duet with veteran songstress Regine Velasquez, dubbed as Asia’s Songbird, in ASAP Official. Surely there will be more magazine covers in the months to come…
View this post on Instagram
Catriona Gray is Smile Train Global Ambassador! • • • • • • JUST IN | Miss Universe 2018 @catriona_gray has been chosen as Smile Train Global Ambassador. As Global Ambassador, Gray will represent the organization to increase and raise awareness about the comprehensive care internationally. As she hopes to give a smile on the faces of the children this 2020, the smile maker herself maximized her special day to advocate for Filipino children born with cleft through fundraising in her social media accounts. @missuniverse 2018 Catriona Gray has raised an estimated amount of 388,200 pesos that will enable 30 surgeries to children in need. As quoted from her speech, “I’ve always believed that children deserve every chance in the world to achieve their goals and through these surgeries, they are given the opportunity to become more confident and live their lives to the fullest.” #Repost @cornerstone . . #sashesandscripts #ultimatepageantblog #pageantblogger #pageantblog #missuniverse #CatrionaGray #MissUniverse2018 #CornerstoneArtist #SmileTrainPH
- Public Appearances – everyone got excited to see her being invited at the Milan Fashion Week. Unlike the NYFW, the Milan Fashion Week and Paris Fashion Week are considered the home of the biggest luxury brands in the world. Catriona was seen in the shows of luxury brands Versace and Prada, brands that are considered at the pinnacle of fashion. She’s also invited to speak at ALP Summit 2020 and as a guest in Binibining Cebu.
- Cultural Ambassadress – one of the cultural legacies that Catriona has left in pageantry is promotion of Philippine culture and textiles in her bid for the Miss Universe pageant. Since her participation, pageant girls and national titleholders have followed suit in incorporating traditional Philippine weaves into their wardrobe. It is no surprise that she was named National Commission for Culture and the Arts ambassador.
- Charity Work – when Catriona was named as the newest Global Ambassador of Smile Train, pageant fans knew that she is being true to her reasons in joining pageants: her advocacies. During her birthday celebration she was able to raise PHP 388,200 from her “Catriona Gives A Smile” fundraiser, which will support cleft care treatment for at least 30 Filipino babies born with a cleft.
View this post on Instagram
Look who's at the Versace fashion show! Say all they want about her but Miss Universe Catriona Gray is getting noticed at the Milan Fashion Week! Low key shade all they want but the pambansang pusa has so many ganaps! #Repost @dontmagazine • • • • • • Catriona Gray Miss Universe 2018 ทักทายแฟนๆ DONT ก่อนเข้าชมโชว์ Versace Fall Winter 2020 . . . . . . . #CatrionaGray #VersaceFW20 #DONTmagazine #MFW #Sashesandscripts #UltimatePageantBlog #pageantblog #pageantblogger #missuniverse #missuniverse2019 #missuniverse2018 #missuniverse2020 #bbpilipinas #iambinibini
These are some of the things that Filipino pageant fans were hoping to see during her reign. Thankfully, these are the things that pageant fans are seeing her do now. And that’s just 3 months after relinquishing her title…