This has to be the most facially strong Miss International batch in recent history. So it is quite difficult to say who would be the next winner to succeed reigning Miss International Kylie Verzosa. We see at least 10 strong ladies that could eventually emerge victorious come November 14th.
The Alternates – these ladies could still make first cut in the competition.
20. Moldova, Daniela Bejan
19. Japan, Tsutsui Natsuki
18. Brazil, Bruna Zanardo
17. United Kingdom, Ashley Powell
16. Australia, Amber Dew
The Semi-finalists – this is a motley crew of ladies that I believe to still be a threat for the crown. They comprise some of the most gorgeous girls in the pageant and would perhaps be possible darkhorses for the title.
15. Panama, Darelys Santos
14. Vietnam, Thuy Dung
13. Russia, Elena Kviatkevich
12. Nepal, Niti Shah
11. Canada, Marta Magdalena Stepien
10. Colombia, Vanessa Pulgarin
9. Tunisia, Khaoula Gueye
8. Lithuania, Patricija Belousova
7. Thailand, Ratiyaporn Chookaew
The Possible Winners – these ladies seem to be the ones who are to battle for the crown. For the first time I have selected a woman of color for the Miss International title. The pageant has had its fair share of criticism over seldom selecting women of color as its titleholder. Chanelle is the perfect balance of wit, beauty and personality that could bring the title to the Caribbean.
6. Philippines, Mariel de Leon
5. Mexico, Citlaly Higuera
4. Venezuela, Diana Croce
3. Indonesia, Kevin Liliana
2. South Africa, Tayla Robinson
1. Curacao, Chanelle de Lau
The Miss International pageant is almost nearing a close and here is the second Sashes&Scripts Leaderboard… A lot of new names in this list as we expanded it from 12 to 16. Try to counter check it with the first leaderboard on this link.
16. Panama, Darelys Santos * new
15. Canada, Marta Magdalena Stepien * new
14. Moldova, Daniela Bejan * new
13. Colombia, Vanessa Pulgarin
12. Russia, Elena Kviatkevich * new
11. Nepal, Niti Shah ⇓
10. Venezuela, Diana Croce ⇓
9. United Kingdom, Ashley Powell ⇓
8. South Africa, Tayla Robinson ⇓
7. Philippines, Mariel de Leon ⇓
6. Lithuania, Patricija Belousova ⇓
5. Tunisia, Khaoula Gueye *new
4. Indonesia, Kevin Liliana ⇓
3. Curacao, Chanelle de Lau ⇑
2. Mexico, Citlaly Higuera ⇑
1. Thailand, Ratiyaporn Chookaew *new
After quite an absence from several activities of Miss International, Miss Thailand Ratiyaporn is back to good health. She is now into the full swing of the activities after getting early signs of chickenpox. Mexico’s Citlaly Higuera is also highly visible these days. Most noticeable is how Chanelle and Khaoula have climbed up in the list, watch out for these two as they might be the women of color who could finally win Miss International. Check back again soon for our final list of our Miss International 2017 favorites.
I’d have to say the Miss International pageant has attracted the most beautiful/ pretty/ gorgeous faces in any of the Alpha pageants this year.
The Tokyo-based Miss International pageant seems to prefer the classically beautiful faces for its winners. This year is no exception as at least 10 absolute perfect faces are currently competing in the pageant. While my list may be subjective, I have nonetheless listed those that perfectly fits the mold of what the pageant may be looking for…
* Colombia, Vanessa Pulgarin – looks like the Virreina to Senorita Colombia is doing well on her own in Tokyo. Vanessa has ‘beauty queen’ written all over her face with her high cheekbones, chiseled jawline and aquiline nose.
* Nepal, Niti Shah – she is the strongest Miss Nepal in any competition this year. She has an innocent, pure and yet lovable quality in her. Plus her face is one that you cannot easily dismiss. I hope to see her do well in the competition.
* Indonesia, Kevin Liliana – for the second straight year, Puteri Indonesia is sending their prettiest girl to MI. Boneka that is how I would describe her as she has the face that the Japanese organizers would love.
* Ukraine, Kseniya Chifa – are we even surprised to see Ukraine in this list? Ukraine would always be represented by fiercely gorgeous girls in any competition and Kseniya has a face any pageant girl would die for.
* Canada, Marta Magdalena Stepien – I absolutely didn’t have her in my early list of girls that I watched out for. But the girl is registering strong face and gorgeous mug shots every time her face is plastered on IG and FB posts. It also helps that Marta looks like a brunette Taylor Swift!
* South Africa, Tayla Robinson – perhaps the strongest blonde in the batch. I would love to see her make top 5 this year. And knowing how the Japan-based pageant have a penchant for blonde beauties, I feel Tayla will fare well in the pageant.
* Philippines, Mariel de Leon – she has arguably the friendliest and most angelic face of the bunch. Doll face if I should describe her. From the time she joined BBP earlier this year, I knew she would be perfect for MI and she is delivering well in Tokyo.
* Mexico, Citlaly Higuera – another stunner from Mexico. Her country never sends facially weak girls and this year is no exception. In fact Citlaly in my book is one of the best faces in MI this year. Her face is visual orgasm come to life.
* Lithuania, Patricija Belousova – when she puts on red lipstick, this pretty-faced dancesport athlete transforms into a pageant diva. She has the facial features that previous MI winners like Andrea Neu and Anne Lena Hansen possess.
* Venezuela, Diana Croce – she is arguably the most photogenic in this year’s batch. She looks just as goon in professional shoots as in her candids. This Elite Model Look winner has been modeling since age 14 and has walked the runways of New York Fashion Week.
Some of the girls that also almost made it into the list are the ladies from Curacao, Tunisia, Vietnam and Laos. But if there was ever a 1-2-3-4 punch combo in this year’s competition, those would have to be Venezuela, Lithuania, Mexico and the Philippines… with Nepal and Canada just close behind. It would be interesting to see if any of these girls would land the top 5 in this year’s competition!
I was asked to do the second Miss International Sash Picks banner as the pageant is now well underway its activities. (I didn’t join the deliberation though, just did the artwork).
20. United Kingdom, Ashley Powell
19. Sweden, Lina Ljungberg
18. India, Ankita Kumari
17. Ethiopia, Bamlak Dereje
16. Indonesia, Kevin Liliana
15. Curacao, Chanelle De Lau
14. Canada, Marta Magdalena Stepien
13. Colombia, Vanessa Pulgarín Monsalve
12. Brazil, Bruna Zanardo
11. Finland, Pihla Koivuniemi
10. Thailand, Ratiyaporn Chookaew
9. Panama, Darelys Santos
8. Mexico, Citlaly Higuera
7. Nepal, Niti Shah
6. Philippines, Mariel de Leon
5. Australia, Amber Dew
4. Japan, Tsutsui Natsuki
3. South Africa, Tayla Robinson
2. Venezuela, Diana Croce
1. Lithuania, Patricija Belousova
Move over girls, there is another Asian goddess joining Miss International this year. Meet Miss International Nepal 2017, Niti Shah…
Niti was crowned Miss International Nepal who was also the 2nd runner up in the Miss Nepal pageant. The 21 year old actress and model is currently pursuing her bachelor’s degree in journalism from St. Xavier’s College, Kathmandu. Back in Nepal, she is arguably one of the most popular and sought after models. Niti is blessed with brown hair and brown eyes. She stands at height of 5 feet 7 inches tall and hails from Dang District in Western Nepal. During the pageant she was the crowd favorite to win the title (the winner of Miss Nepal will go on to compete in Miss World).
With her in the competition, we expect at least a semifinal placement for her this year. With her good looks and lovely personality, she may just be the first Alpha pageant winner from her country.
It’s almost international pageant season and let’s start it right with Sash Factor’s first Miss International 2017 SashPicks…
1. South Africa, Tayla Robinson
2. Nepal, Niti Shah
3. Mexico, Citlaly Higuera
4. Colombia, Vanessa Pulgarin
5. Indonesia, Kevin Liliana
6. Philippines, Mariel de Leon
7. Vietnam, Thuy Dung
8. Poland, Paulina Mariarz
9. Venezuela, Rosangelica Piscitelli
10. Japan, Tsutsui Natsuki
The first three girls in the list are all facially gorgeous ladies, smart and easily fit into the Miss International mold. South Africa’s Tayla Robinson is arguably everyone’s top-of-mind choice among the bevy of girls this year. Nepal’s Niti Shah is a surprise addition but fans better start paying attention to her, her fresh-faced beauty is one that the Japanese could love. Mexico’s Citlaly Higuera is riding the coattails of her recent appointment, her fans feel that this lady should have been sent to Miss Universe on a stronger performance over eventual Nuestra Belleza winner. Same sentiments can be said over Colombia’s Vanessa Pulgarin who is also said to fit the MU mold better. Completing the top 6 are Indonesia’s Kevin Liliana and Philippines’ Mariel de Leon.