They say that height is might in pageants, so we listed down the tallest Binibining Pilipinas winners. Since its inception in 1964, the Binibining Pilipinas pageant has attracted ladies of various shapes and sizes. Its minimum height requirements have ranged from 5’4″ to 5’6″ throughout the years, although no maximum height requirement is ever imposed.
It has been months since we started the research on the heights of the Binibining Pilipinas winners which was borne out of a request from one of our social media followers. And finally we have been able to create the list of the tallest winners of the Binibining Pilipinas pageant.
Disclaimer: We only included in this list those that we are able to get reliable sources on the heights of the Binibining Pilipinas winners. Those that we are doubtful of their heights we didn’t include on the list.
STANDING TALL AT 5’10”
– Binibining Pilipinas International 1988, Maria Anthea Robles
– Binibining Pilipinas Universe 1991, Germelina Leah Padilla
– Binibining Pilipinas Maja 1992, Marina Benipayo
– Binibining Pilipinas World 1998, Rachel Soriano
– Binibining Pilipinas Universe 2009, Pamela Bianca Manalo
– Binibining Pilipinas Supranational 2012, Elaine Kay Moll
– Binibining Pilipinas International 2014, Mary Anne Bianca Guidotti
– Binibining Pilipinas Supranational 2017, Chanel Olive Thomas
– Miss Universe Philippines & Miss Universe 2018, Catriona Elisa Gray
There are also a number of BBP winners whose reported heights are inconsistent depending on the news articles we’ve read. Height padding was not uncommon in pageants so there should be no surprise that there are some inconsistencies on the heights of some past winners.
Some reports have mentioned that Binibining Pilipinas World 1993 & Miss World 2nd Princess, Sharmaine “Ruffa” Gutierrez stands at 5’10” while others say she’s 5’9″ or 5’9 1/2″. Binibining Pilipinas Universe 1995 Joanne Quintas is also reported to be 5’10” tall while some sources put her at 5’9″. Resigned Bb. Pilipinas World Janina San Miguel is also being reported to stand between 5’9 1/2″ to 5’10 1/2″ tall.
TOWERING BINIBINIS AT 5’11”
If it is rare to have Binibining Pilipinas winners standing at 5’9″- 5’10” more so for those who are at 5’11” and taller. However, we have listed four Filipinas who were able to compete and won in the BBP pageant.
– Binibining Pilipinas International & Miss International 1979, Melanie Marquez
– Binibining Pilipinas World 1994, Caroline Subijano – 5’11”*
– Binibining Pilipinas International 1999, Georgina Anne Sandico
– Binibining Pilipinas Intercontinental 2015, Christi Lynn McGarry
* There are those that say Cara Subijano’s height is at 5’11 1/2″ and this would place her as one of the two tallest Binibining Pilipinas winners.
THE TALLEST BINIBINI WINNER
Binibining Pilipinas World 1992, Marilen Espino – 6’0”
It is so heartbreaking that the tallest BBP winner we ever had wasn’t able to compete in any international pageant. Weeks before leaving for the Miss World pageant in Sun City, South Africa, Marilen contacted chicken-pox and wasn’t able to compete. Instead, Marina Benipayo was sent to Miss World. Marilen was then to compete in Miss Maja International but the pageant was cancelled that year. Marilen was a Supermodel of the Philippines winner much like other BBP winners (Abbygale Arenas, Caroline Subjano and Melanie Marquez for instance).