Just a clarification on this #FashionFridays series, these trends presented here are a summary of all the Spring/ Summer 2018 trends that were sifted as to those that could apply to pageants. I have also included several crossover trends from Fall/ Winter 2017-2018 that could still be very apt for the upcoming pageant season.
* Ostrich Feathers – A flurry of feathers for a touch of couture, the common denominator at Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen and Sonia Rykiel. White only, and soft, stylish and poised.
* Polka Dots – A simple but effective motif, polka dots zere all over this season. Use and abuse on one condition: stick to black and white.
* Galactic Prints – From flying saucers to stars via the all-over astronaut prints at Chanel, fashion took flight for new frontiers with interplanetary inspirations. Think little 60s-style dresses, silver-studded denim and silk as light as zero gravity.
* Fringe – The Italian runways were brimming with a quintessential celebratory element — made livelier with party pieces that can be shaken from dusk till dawn.
* Ruffles – The spring catwalks are cascading with ruffles and it’s neat to think that perhaps it’s an antidote to all the smooth, languid silks and long, lean silhouettes we enjoyed last season.