With the blog hitting 1 million hits in 2017, I thought that it would be a great way to take a look back at the most controversial/ audacious post I have written this year.
Sit back as we go through some of the Sashes&Scripts posts that got pageant fans thinking, riled, and excited.
* Miss World/ Miss World Philippines BWAP: Beauty Without a Purpose? – this was one of the most audacious post I have written in the blog as I have poked at the heart of the MW & MWP pageants. Upon learning that the BWAP challenge was purposely omitted in MWP after copying all the rest of the MW challenges, it got me thinking if the Beauty with a Purpose portion was just for show…
* Opportunity Losses of the Miss World Pageant in the Philippines – another post that raised some eyebrows albeit from the international pageant fans. This was exactly what happened in MW later as the pageant was a snooze-fest in terms of its social media presence. And this is going to be an issue if the planned 2019 hosting in the Philippines pushes through…
* Male Pageant Winners & the Adult Film Industry Part 1 & Part 2 – not all that glitters is gold and this is evidenced by a number of pageant hopefuls and winners that had a porn past & present. This post has perhaps raised more heads and look at how the male pageant industry has miles to go to get the same reputation as female pageants.
* Is Miss Universe IMG|WME Era More Concerned in Stories to Tell? – of the ladies in this list, only 2 didn’t manage to make it into the top 16 of this year’s competition. Here is how the MU is trying to reinvent itself by appealing towards the ‘human interest’ stories of its candidates.
* Ms. Earth versus Ms. Grand International: The Rivalry – this is the post that perhaps gathered the most irk from the ME fanatics. Despite the very neutral nature of the post, most ME fanatics did not agree with the comparison from a fellow pageant from Asia.
* 6 Reasons Why the Best Filipino Pageant Fans Can also be The Worst – arguably, this post that is a look inside the Filipinos’ worst traits (as supposed to being the best pageant fans).
* The Most Damaging Scandals & Controversies to Pageant Image Part 1 and Part 2 – this is one of my most controversial posts this year and I would say it probably ranks as my top 1 most audacious post this year. Not even the Alpha pageants Miss Universe, Miss World and Miss Earth is spared in this 2-part write up.